Thursday 4 June 2015

You Can Do It!

Seeing as I only have another intensive 6 days until I have finally finished my A2 exams, I thought why not take the time to encourage and motivate everyone else who is studying or carrying on with their daily routine and needs some motivation!

I'm yet to take my Media, Textiles and Spanish Exams which will basically determine what I do with my future.  I should be doing hardcore revision, instead I find myself watching endless episodes of Netflix series and making multiple cups of tea.

I am defiantly one of those people that gets distracted with practically anything! I typically find myself watching beauty youtuber's or flicking through my social media sites.  If there is anything which I can blame for my lack of revision it would definitely be Instagram.  I am OBSESSED with Instagram!


My best tips at keeping yourself focused and motivated:


  1. Always setting yourself a deadline- Make sure that you give yourself a precise time period in which you have to do / study something.  This way you're pushing yourself to get as much done in as little time possible instead of making it all drag out.  Then you get to watch more Netflix!!
  2. Friendly bonding sessions- If you can, get together with a friend who is doing / studying something similar and keep testing or revising together. This will act like a bit of friendly competition and benefit you both.
  3. Take breaks- It's always great to plan your time and focus on what you can be doing in an hour or so.  I would encourage people to do 50 minutes revision then take a 10-15 minutes break.
  4. Keep organised- There's nothing that I hate more than not having my school things organised.  I even go to the extent of cutting out coloured paper in preparation for my next days revision notes.  I love new stationary and use this to motivate me too.
I hope that this helps even a few people gives you some ideas on how to keep focused, you will achieve whatever you are aiming for as long as you put in the hard work!

Lilly x

5 comments:

test said...

Hey Lilly! I'm loving your blog! I'm a few years removed from college, but your tips for staying focused are so relevant to office/working life too. I've found that one of the strategies that works best for me is one of the four you mentioned - working for 50 minutes, then taking a ten minute break. I think I read somewhere that this strategy is actually one used by the most productive students and employees - go figure! Hopefully I can keep these in mind as I start my masters degree in the fall. :)

http://tisfortwentysomething.blogspot.com/

Nisa Bellefleur said...

Really good post! Sometimes we don't keep focused on work and that's a good way to keep working but in a motivated way :) xx
Nisa, Couple of Cups

Unknown said...

Yeah keeping focused and pushing on forward is always the hardest thing!

Unknown said...

Had a look through your blog, and I love your layout and theme as well as your posts!
Yeah I've heard that 50 minutes revision is ideal too!
Good luck with your masters!!

kyia belle said...

Taking breaks is always important! You don't ever want to burn yourself out. I've also done a post on motivation, which is one of the reasons I love this post! Much love xx

https://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca